Student Technical Writer
LittleBird is seeking a particularly talented student technical writer to help us by writing technical product, software, and training documentation.
LittleBird is a fast-paced, team-oriented technology startup based in the GCU Innovation Center. If you want to experience the energy of a collaborative, friendly work environment on campus while gaining valuable business experience, LittleBird is for you!
LittleBird builds resident-focused technology for apartment communities, including smart access control systems (such as a video intercom), smart home automation devices (including lights, locks, thermostats, and motion sensors), and smart community features, all of which can be controlled from our smartphone app.
As technical writer, you will create and manage documents for internal and external communications regarding our products. Accurate technical documentation is crucial for LittleBird employees, partners, and customers, so a strong grasp of both writing and product functions is important.
(LittleBird is headquartered on the GCU campus)
- Write technical documentation (installation guides, user manuals, etc.) for LittleBird products, both hardware and software
- Manage and update existing documentation as needed
- Work closely with several departments to access the most current technical information
- Interact with both hardware and software when necessary to best understand their functions
- Organize and clarify large amounts of complex technical data
- Can write clear, objective documentation for user guides and technical documents
- Can learn technical concepts and explain them in writing
- Studying English, Communications, or related field preferred
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading skills
- Strong organizational, and communication skills
- Previous technical experience or knowledge preferred
- Knowledge of the apartment industry highly desirable
- Must be a GCU student.
- Flexible Schedule
- Work Remotely
- Monday to Friday